Volunteers are needed to help care for our cats residing at Petsmart Adoption Centers.
In a location convenient to you. Fancy Cats shows cats at Petsmart Adoption Centers in Chantilly, Springfield, and Fair Lakes.
Cat care givers can work alone or in teams, which may be beneficial in some situations as time flies when you're having fun with the kitties!
Shifts take place in the mornings (at Fair Lakes & Chantilly locations) and evenings. Some volunteers choose to help more than once a week, on a weekly basis, every two weeks, once a month, or some other regular schedule. We are always in need of help.
Time involved depends on the number of cats and the amount of time you want to spend with them. We are grateful for any amount of time you can offer, as long as it is consistent.
The Adoption Center takes 1-3 hours to care for 8+ cats. (People often stop by to ask about our cats).
Ready to help? Here's how to get started.
- Please complete and submit the appropriate Volunteer Application.
- After your application has been reviewed, you will be contacted by the Adoption Center Manager for your preferred location.
- There will be an orientation to familiarize you with the set-up where ever you are volunteering.
- We may be able to team you up with a veteran volunteer for a few weeks to get you comfortable.
- You will be provided with guidelines covering supplies, hygiene, cat health, and contact numbers for questions and emergencies.